Do you know why your osCommerce carts get abandoned?
The PayPal Checkout Abandonment Study was conducted by ComScore in May 2009.
553 US shoppers, who had recently abandoned a shopping cart, were asked about their most recent abandoned session, regardless of the site involved.
At least a fifth of respondents cited the following as very important reasons for cart abandonment:
- High shipping charges: 46 percent
- Wanted to comparison shop: 37 percent
- Lack of money: 36 percent
- Wanted to look for a coupon: 27 percent
- Wanted to shop offline: 26 percent
- Couldn’t find preferred pay option: 24 percent
- Item was unavailable at checkout: 23 percent
- Couldn’t find customer support: 22 percent
- Concerned about security of credit card data: 21 percent.
If you don’t know how many abandoned carts you have and what to do about it then contact us and we can install our Cart Management module for you. Customers reports a 10-15% increase in sales which more than pays for itself!