8 keys to ecommerce success
According to CIO, your eCommerce site should:
- Look good – and function properly – across platforms and devices, especially mobile devices.
- Should feel credible and trustworthy.
- Be easy to navigate, so visitors can find what they’re looking for with minimal clicks.
- Have great original photos and helpful product descriptions.
- Feature customer reviews – and make it easy for customers to leave reviews.
- Provide excellent customer service (and not just on the site)
- Checkout should be fast and easy
- Your ecommerce site – and team – should be social.
None of that is particularly startling, of course but just what does #8 mean? To quote,
You may have a fabulous site, but if no one knows about, or is talking about it, it doesn’t matter. That’s why you need to promote ecommerce business – and get others to promote it – on the popular social networks (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest).
No mention of SEO there? Odd to say the least.
Plus we’d put #7 a little higher on the list.